Friday, June 8, 2012

{ Suffocate by S R Johannes }


May 21st 2012 by Coleman & Stott
Source: from Author for review
Format: Ebook ARC



From GoodReads:

Suffocate is the first novelette in THE BREATHLESS series. It is a 15,000 word young adult thriller that combines the dystopic and science fiction genres.

For centuries, the world outside the Biome has been unlivable. Today, marks the first time anyone will attempt to leave the suffocating ecosphere. Eria is not worried because her scientist father has successfully tested the new Bio-Suit many times. It's a celebratory day until something goes horribly wrong. In the midst of tragedy, Eria uncovers a deep conspiracy in her perfect bubble. If those responsible find out what she knows, they won't stop hunting her until she takes her last breath.

The 2nd novelette in the series, CHOKE, is scheduled for Fall 2012. The 3rd, EXHALE, is scheduled for Winter 2013.



My Review:

I will be the first to admit that novella's are not really my thing. While, it's nice to pick up something and finish it within a few hours, I just find that there is never enough time to get fully invested in it. And Suffocate...totally changed my thinking! Wow! This one starts with a bang, takes hold and does not let you go. The characters were believable and so engaging. The story line is so utterly up my alley and that ending?? Awesome. I am very excited to see where author S R Johannes takes this story in the next installment. Shelli...Thank you, thank you, thank you for letting me review this one.

I became a fan of Shelli's after reading On The Bright Side and she now has a new fan...my 10 year old. She absolutely LOVED OTBS as well. With Suffocate, I think Shelli has managed to bring the genre of Dystopian to a larger audience. This book is definitely suited for all ages, not just the older YA readers as many of the Dystopian books out there are geared for. However, coming from a 40+ mindset, I really enjoyed this one as well!

If you are a lover of YA Dystopian...as you all know that I am...or if you are a fan of author S R Johannes other novels...pick this one up. You will enjoy the ride!!

Rating: 5 Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment