Monday, October 24, 2011

{ The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe }


January 24, 2012 by Disney-Hyperion

Source: NetGalley

Format: ebook ARC




From GoodReads:



It starts with an itch you just can't shake. Then comes a fever and a tickle in your throat. A few days later, you'll be blabbing your secrets and chatting with strangers like they’re old friends. Three more, and the paranoid hallucinations kick in.

And then you're dead.

When a deadly virus begins to sweep through sixteen-year-old Kaelyn’s community, the government quarantines her island—no one can leave, and no one can come back.

Those still healthy must fight for dwindling supplies, or lose all chance of survival. As everything familiar comes crashing down, Kaelyn joins forces with a former rival and discovers a new love in the midst of heartbreak. When the virus starts to rob her of friends and family, she clings to the belief that there must be a way to save the people she holds dearest.

Because how will she go on if there isn't?

Megan Crewe crafts a powerful and gripping exploration of self-preservation, first love, and hope. Poignant and dizzying, this heart-wrenching story of one girl’s bravery and unbeatable spirit will leave readers fervently awaiting the next book in this standout new series.

My Review:


I really enjoyed this book. However, I am having a hard time rating it or even really forming a clear opinion on this one. It was enjoyable and I connected with the main character, Kaelyn...most of the time. I will admit to finding her a bit inconsistent. Or maybe it was the authors writing style? The book was written in the form of letters written from Kaelyn to her childhood friend/crush, Leo. At times the book read like a Diary and others it was more of a novel. I was finding myself a little confused on the whole relationship between Kaelyn and Leo. Honestly, right up to the end. And I still am. But that aside, I enjoyed the journey and found The Way We Fall to be a real page turner.


I did not, however, like the ending at all. It ended much to abruptly for me. I re-read the last few sentences over and over. I kept thinking I missed something, or I was missing pages. I understand that there is to be 2 more books in this series. I would have been quite happy for this to be a stand alone, if it had ended better.


In the end if you are a Dystopian fan, I would recommend this one. It is definitely not one of the best Dystopian's I have read. But if you are looking for a something a little less dark, this might be a good one to start with.


Rating: 3.5 Stars

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I appreciate your honesty on this one. Bummer when you like a story and get to the end and go, What?!

    ReplyDelete