Saturday, March 19, 2011

{ Green by Ted Dekker }

Green by Ted Dekker
2009 by Thomas Nelson

from GoodReads:

Travel between two worlds with Thomas Hunter. In Green, Thomas hasn't dreamt in years and the Circle is weakening because there's no sign of their Creator, Elyon. When Thomas' son, Samuel, loses the faith, evil from both worlds tempts him to initiate war. Will Thomas be able to save Samuel and the Circle?

review:

Green. The beginning or the end? I will have to admit that I am with the majority on this one. I truly believe if you plan to read this series, that you start with Black and end with Green. I think the experience of The Circle with be so much more enjoyable. Green was an amazing read as were the other 3 books, however, it was definitely the darkest out of the 4 books. Not necessarily a bad thing...just be forewarned that you are entering a very dark and evil world. I loved this series, but I am left utterly speechless. I will say this. I have never had a book or series of books leave me so utterly and completely exhausted as these. Emotionally, mentally and physically. Ted Dekker is a master at creating a world filled with both good and evil, light and dark and the struggles between them. I highly recommend reading The Circle series!!

After reading some other reviews, I have learned that his other series - Paradise and The Lost Books - are all connected. I will be adding them to my TBR list!! Thank you Ted Dekker

Rating: 5 Stars!

1 comment:

  1. Strange that you thought this one was the darkest out of them all. Just based on the cover, it doesn't seem like it would be very dark.

    ReplyDelete